Basic conditions for car rental
The driver must be at least 21 years old.
Minimum 2 years of driving license and mandatory for inspection.
Mandatory identification – ID card or passport for inspection.
The minimum vehicle use time is 1 day (24 hours). Permitted overrun is 59 min. After that time, it is charged all day.
The rental price includes unlimited mileage, except in cases when the car is rented for up to 2 days (then the mileage is limited to 200 km per day, and each kilometer exceeded is charged).
Payment and Deposit
Car rental is paid when taking over the vehicle, by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners, Amex), payment to the account (legal entities), or cash.
No deposit is required. In certain situations the agency can request a deposit, you can be notified when booking.
Tax (VAT) for the car rental service is included in the rental price. Picking up and returning the vehicle
Picking up and returning the vehicle
The vehicle can be picked up and returned in our branch office, and it is also possible to deliver or return the vehicle outside the branch office, ie at the selected location.
The vehicle can be picked up and returned outside standard working hours, at an additional cost.
When picking up and returning the vehicle, it is mandatory to sign a form on the condition of the vehicle, and we advise you to inspect the vehicle thoroughly together with our employee.
Procedures in case of accident, damage, and theft of vehicles
The client is obliged to act as follows:
- IMMEDIATELY to inform the police and Top Auto about the event and to act on their instructions.
- To write down data about other participants in the accident or event.
- To complete the accident/damage report when returning the vehicle.
- To write a short statement describing the causes and circumstances in which the accident/damage occurred.
Prohibitions and unauthorized driving
- It is FORBIDDEN to travel in a rented vehicle to the following countries and territories: the former countries of the USSR, Kosovo, Albania, and Turkey. INSURANCE DOES NOT APPLY to these areas.
- It is forbidden to drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and narcotics. In these cases, the insurance is NOT VALID – the client is charged the full amount of damage/theft.
- The rented vehicle can be driven only by a person who is registered as a driver in the vehicle rental agreement. It is possible to register up to two additional drivers, with the approval of Top Auto, when taking over the vehicle.
- It is forbidden to give the rented vehicle for use to unauthorized persons, persons who are not registered in the lease agreement. In these cases, the insurance is NOT VALID – the client is charged the full amount of damage/theft.
CDW (COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER) - damage insurance
This insurance does not cover damage to the interior of the vehicle, damage to tires and wheels, damage to the lower gear, broken and/or lost key, damage caused by refueling the wrong type of fuel and damage caused knowingly or negligently. All listed damages will be charged in full when the vehicle is returned. When the vehicle is returned, the condition of the vehicle will be checked by the client and our employee together and compared with the condition of the vehicle at the time of collection. Every change in the condition of the vehicle, ie. all new damages will be entered in the form of the lease agreement and signed by both parties.
TP (THEFT PROTECTION) - Theft insurance
This insurance does not apply if the vehicle was unlocked during the theft or the key was left in the steering wheel lock.
In case of theft, the key and documents must be with the client.
PAI (PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE)
The driver and the persons in the vehicle are insured in the event of death or injuries caused by a traffic accident during the rental period.
A police record is required for all types of insurance.
Without a police record, the full amount of damages and/or shorter will be charged to the client.
A record must be made even in cases where the client was not present when the vehicle was damaged (eg the vehicle was damaged in the parking lot by an unidentified person).
With this insurance, the client does not have a share in the damage if he is not responsible for the newly caused damage with the police record, without the police record he bears the damage in full.
Casco with 5% share in damages
If the client is responsible for the newly caused damage, along with the police report, he is obliged to pay Top Auto rent a car 5% of the total damage.
The damage is assessed by an appraiser.
The deposit is retained by the client until the damage assessment arrives.